What is the purpose of Neighbourhood Watch?
The purpose of Neighbourhood Watch is to help cut crime and the opportunity for crime and anti-social behaviour through encouraging neighbourliness and closer communities in order to improve the quality of life for local residents and tenants.
Neighbourhood Watch is a community activity where groups of like-minded neighbours, who want to live in a caring and protected society, get together in partnership with the police to help each other to reduce crime and improve community safety in the area where they live. It is NOT a group of vigilantes. It promotes community cohesion, improves awareness of crime prevention and creates clear lines of communication to and from the police.
What are the benefits of becoming a member of Surrey Heath Neighbourhood Watch?
- Neighbourhood Watch is a proven deterrent to reduce crime and the fear of crime.
- A Watch member is nearly four times less likely to be a victim of a crime than a non-member.
- Statistics show that Surrey Heath has ‘Watch’ coverage of approximately 31% of the properties and yet only just over 5% of crimes have been committed in ‘Watch’ areas since July 1994 (the date from which this particular data has been recorded).
- A Watch scheme, as a body, can make very meaningful contributions towards a safer environment. Vandalism, graffiti and yobbish behaviour, the unsatisfactory lighting of streets, footpaths, car parking areas etc. illustrate some of the problems that can be overcome or controlled, or at least improved, by responsible residents taking the correct action with the appropriate authorities.
Home insurance discounts may be available if you are a member of an active Watch. Check with your insurance company.
Is my area covered by a Watch?
Normally Watches are set up to cover all or part of a road. In some areas these may include adjacent roads. Neighbourhood Watch signs will be sited on lamp posts to indicate an active Watch is in operation. A full list of watches is provided on this web site. Click to see the list of Watches and which streets they cover.
How do I join My Local Watch?
Each Watch has a Watch Representative. If you have been contacted by the Watch Representative they will ask you to complete a simple registration form. This will enable them to contact you and keep you informed of activities in the area.
How much does it cost?
There are no charges in joining the Surrey Heath Neighbourhood Watch scheme.
The initial issue of Neighbourhood Watch street signs is free but as funds are limited, these are limited to a maximum of two signs per Watch (only one for cul-de-sacs) but you may decide that the Watch would be willing to pay for an extra sign or signs.
There is no Watch covering my area, how do I set one up?
- The Surrey Heath Neighbourhood Watch Support Group will assist you to form a Neighbourhood Watch scheme in your street or group of houses.
- Initially contact one of the Surrey Heath Neighbourhood Watch Area Coordinators for advice and together plan the next steps.
The Six Villages are: Bagshot, Bisley, Chobham, Lightwater, West End and Windlesham
- Surrey Heath Neighbourhood Watch has established a formal process of setting up and registering individual Watches. These notes give an overview of the process. The full process together with the required documentation is available on the Web site to authorised users only.
- Watches not set up following this process will NOT be registered as a valid Neighbourhood Watch.
- Assuming you are willing to take on the role of Watch Representative you will be asked to contact your neighbours and if you have sufficient interest, the Area Coordinator will start the registration process with you. This is described briefly below.
- The next step is to arrange a Kick-off meeting with the interested neighbours. This meeting will be attended by the Area Coordinator and also provide an opportunity to meet your local Policing Community Support Officer (PCSO).
- Neighbours will be asked to “sign-up”. This will be to provide the Watch Representative with contact details, names addresses and, where possible, email addresses. This will enable the Watch representative to send out communications and information from both the Surrey Heath Neighbourhood Watch and Surrey Police. This list of contact details is the responsibility of the Watch Representative and is not made available to anyone else, apart from their deputy.
- Neighbours wishing to join the scheme will be provided with appropriate leaflets and window stickers promoting Neighbourhood Watch etc.
- The Watch Representative will be asked to complete an Active Citizen form. This gives Surrey Police your permission to hold your contact details on file and to use them to send you relevant information on crime reports and crime prevention etc.
- It is strongly recommended that one of the neighbours volunteers to become the Watch representative’s deputy. This is to assist in both promoting Neighbourhood Watch and to provide holiday cover etc.
- Once completed, the Watch is set up, street signs to be erected to show that your area is part of the Neighbourhood Watch organisation.
This Watch Covers the following Areas: Lightwater, Bagshot, Bisley, Chobham, West End and Windlesham.
The Following Roads are covered by a Watch: *If your road is not listed please take a look at the New Watch Page
|Bagshot||Anderson Pl/Freemantle Rd|
|Bagshot||Butler Road & Weston Grove|
|Bagshot||Chantry Road/School Lane|
|Bagshot||Church Road, Bagshot|
|Bagshot||College Ride – Lower|
|Bagshot||Connaught Road & Wellesley Close|
|Bagshot||High Street, Bagshot|
|Bagshot||St Mary’s Gardens/Cedar Close|
|Bagshot||Station Road Bagshot|
|Bisley||Arethusa Way 1|
|Bisley||Arethusa Way 2|
|Chobham||Castle Grove Road|
|Chobham||Chobham High Street|
|Chobham||Gracious Pond/Stonehill Road|
|Lightwater||Ambleside Road/Rydal Place|
|Lightwater||Aplin Way/Gale Drive|
|Lightwater||Badger Dr/ Mount Pleasant Cl|
|Lightwater||Curley Hill Road|
|Lightwater||Grasmere Road East|
|Lightwater||Guildford Rd (Lightwater) 1|
|Lightwater||Guildford Rd (Lightwater) 2|
|Lightwater||Guildford Rd (Lightwater) 3|
|Lightwater||Ivy Drive 1|
|Lightwater||Ivy Drive 2|
|Lightwater||Macdonald Road 1|
|Lightwater||Macdonald Road 2|
|Lightwater||Macdonald Road 3|
|Lightwater||Macdonald Road 4|
|Lightwater||Quarry Bank / Deer Leap|
|Lightwater||Riverside Ave/Wychelm Rd|
|Lightwater||Shrublands Drive/Myrtle Cl|
|Lightwater||South Farm Lane|
|West End||Abelia Close|
|West End||Acer Drive|
|West End||Ashley Way/Cuckoo Vale|
|West End||Benner Lane/Fellow Green|
|West End||Birch Lane|
|West End||Bolding House Lane|
|West End||Brentmoor Road 1|
|West End||Brentmoor Road 2|
|West End||Broad Street & Revesby Cl|
|West End||Common Fields|
|West End||Cuckoo Lane|
|West End||Gosden Rd & Field End|
|West End||Halebourne & Bagshot Rd|
|West End||Kerria Way|
|West End||Kings Road|
|West End||Lucas Green Rd & Priest Lane|
|West End||Malthouse Lane|
|West End||Old Acre & Streets Heath|
|West End||Rosewood Way|
|West End||Rounce Lane|
|West End||Rubus Close|
|West End||Rugosa Road|
|West End||Sefton Close|
|West End||Sundew Close|
|West End||West End High Street|
|West End||Willow Green / Fellow Green Rd|
|Windlesham||Baigents Lane & Atfield Grove|
|Windlesham||Church Road, Windlesham|
|Windlesham||Moor Place/ Mill Pond Rd|
The Lightwater Area Coordinator is Mike Potter MPotter@surreyheathnw.co.uk
Find Out Whats Happening with the Police in your area
This Watch covers the following areas: Frimley, Frimley Green, Mytchett, Deepcut, Heatherside, Parkside, Heathside, Cheylesmore.
The Following Roads are covered by an active Watches: *If your road is not listed please take a look at the New Watch Page
|Frimley||Alphington 2 & 3|
|Frimley||Bridgemead & Bailey Close|
|Frimley||Felbridge Close/Kenton Close|
|Frimley||Frimley Grove Gardens|
|Frimley||Gilbert Road/Greenbank Way|
|Frimley||Richmond & Woburn|
|Frimley||Station Road Frimley|
|Frimley Green||Ashley Close/Wharf Rd|
|Frimley Green||Bedford Crescent|
|Frimley Green||Beech/Buckhurst Roads|
|Frimley Green||Beresford Close|
|Frimley Green||Berkeley Crescent|
|Frimley Green||Bowling Green Court|
|Frimley Green||Bramble Bank|
|Frimley Green||Calshot Way|
|Frimley Green||Clevedon Court|
|Frimley Green||Cross Lane|
|Frimley Green||Gloucester Close|
|Frimley Green||Guildford Rd (Frimley Green)|
|Frimley Green||Hastings Close|
|Frimley Green||Hatches The|
|Frimley Green||Heenan Close|
|Frimley Green||Henley Drive 1|
|Frimley Green||Henley Drive 2|
|Frimley Green||Lansdowne Road|
|Frimley Green||Nursery Close|
|Frimley Green||Raglan Close|
|Frimley Green||Sandringham Way|
|Frimley Green||Tenby Road|
|Frimley Green||Windsor Way|
|Frimley Green||Worsley Road|
|Heatherside||Hambleton Close & Westerdale Drive|
|Heatherside||Knights Way & Francis Way|
|Heatherside||Old Bisley Road|
|Heatherside||Ravenstone Road 1|
|Heatherside||Ravenstone Road 2|
|Heatherside||Ripon Close / Troutbeck Way|
|Mytchett & Deepcut||Ambleside Close|
|Mytchett & Deepcut||Coleford Bridge Road 3|
|Mytchett & Deepcut||Dettingen Crescent|
|Mytchett & Deepcut||Drake Avenue|
|Mytchett & Deepcut||Earl of Chester Drive|
|Mytchett & Deepcut||Grove Farm Park|
|Mytchett & Deepcut||Haining Gardens|
|Mytchett & Deepcut||Hamesmoor Way|
|Mytchett & Deepcut||Hazel Road|
|Mytchett & Deepcut||Lynwood Drive|
|Mytchett & Deepcut||Mytchett Farm Park|
|Mytchett & Deepcut||Mytchett Lake Rd & Grayswood Drive|
|Mytchett & Deepcut||Nightingale Drive|
|Mytchett & Deepcut||Suffolk Court|
|Mytchett & Deepcut||White Acres Road|
|Mytchett & Deepcut||Willow Close|
|Parkside||Coach House Close|
|Parkside||Hillsborough Park I|
|Parkside||Hillsborough Park II|
|Parkside||Old Pasture Road & Connop Way|
|Parkside||Old Portsmouth Road|
|Parkside||Robin Hill Drive|
|Parkside||Spring & Saville Gardens|
The Frimley Area Coordinator is Steph Edwards firstname.lastname@example.org
Find Out Whats Happening with the Police in your area
This Watch Covers the following Areas: St Pauls, Old Dean, Town, St Michaels Watchetts
The Following Roads are covered by a Watch: * If your road is not listed please take a look at the New Watch Page
|Old Dean||Larch Close|
|Old Dean||Nepalese Community|
|Old Dean||Poppyhills Road|
|St Michaels||Avenue The|
|St Michaels||France Hill Drive|
|St Michaels||Heatherley Close|
|St Michaels||Southern Road|
|St Michaels||Vale Watch|
|St Michaels||Wey Close|
|St Michaels||Woodlands Road|
|St Pauls||Abbey Court|
|St Pauls||Beaufront Estate|
|St Pauls||Branksome Park Road|
|St Pauls||Buchan, The|
|St Pauls||Castle Road|
|St Pauls||Chatsworth Heights|
|St Pauls||Copse End & Paddock Close|
|St Pauls||Crawley Ridge & Others|
|St Pauls||Crawley Wood Close|
|St Pauls||Darracott Close|
|St Pauls||Devonshire Drive|
|St Pauls||Eliot Close & Seymour Drive|
|St Pauls||Grange Road|
|St Pauls||Hillcrest Road|
|St Pauls||Knightsbridge Road|
|St Pauls||Larchwood Glade|
|St Pauls||Lime Avenue|
|St Pauls||Loddon Close|
|St Pauls||Marlborough Rise|
|St Pauls||Martel Close|
|St Pauls||Maultway & Foxhill|
|St Pauls||Middleton Road|
|St Pauls||Shalbourne Rise (Lower end)|
|St Pauls||Shalbourne Rise (Upper End)|
|St Pauls||Sovereign Drive|
|St Pauls||Waverley Drive|
|Town||Old Green Lane|
|Town||Rudd Hall Rise|
|Watchetts||Gordon Watch The|
The Camberley Area Coordinator is David Hacker DHacker@surreyheathnw.co.uk
Find Out Whats Happening with the Police in your area